Sexual Assault Attorneys in Richmond
Award-Winning Injury Lawyers Serving Virginia Since 1979
At Cantor Stoneburner Ford Grana & Buckner, we handle civil cases of sexual assault, rape, or sexual harassment arising in the workplace, from criminal acts, or in other settings. Our award-winning attorneys are discreet, compassionate, and driven to pursue the justice our clients deserve. We believe in taking a stand for the victims of sexual abuse, and we have the experience and resources necessarily to fight for you and win. Speak with a Richmond personal injury lawyer from our team today: (888) 337-0477.
Our Team Has the Resources & Proven Track Record to Win
It is often necessary to bring a legal action against not only the assailant but also against third parties who may also be responsible for the assault due to premises liability, such as:
- Nursing Homes
- Apartment Complexes
- Other Entities
At CSFGB, we have access to medical and psychological experts who can provide significant support to a victimized person while also serving in a support role during litigation.
We always put our clients and their needs first. It’s one of the defining aspects of our firm.
A Few of Our Winning Case Results
We have obtained a number of significant results through jury verdicts and settlement:
- Represented a patient who was sexually assaulted in a hospital ward by a male hospital attendant during her inpatient stay. The attendant had a criminal history before hiring and there were allegations of improper sexual touching prior to the rape. The case involved allegations of negligence, negligent retention, and a significant issue of respondent superior. The case was settled for $1,125,000.
- Represented the plaintiff who was sexually assaulted by a restaurant employee in the restaurant. The employee had been acquitted of the criminal charges that he allegedly had bitten the plaintiff’s breast and exposed himself to her. After a four-day trial, the jury returned a verdict in favor of the plaintiff for $800,000, including $100,000 punitive damages against the employee and $100,000 punitive damages against the store owner.
- Represented an African American mother of two children in a case alleging that she was repeatedly raped by the foreman of her crew on the plant floor. The rapes occurred on the workplace premises over a four-month period during which the plaintiff did not report the activities. She ultimately reported the activities to her supervisors and subsequently filed suit for assault and battery, intentional infliction of emotional distress, negligent retention, and punitive damages. At mediation, the case was settled for $200,000.
- Represented plaintiff who was sexually assaulted as a child. Case was settled for $1,250,000.
- Represented a young female tenant of an apartment complex who was sexually assaulted by a maintenance worker employed by the defendants. The case was settled for $3 million prior to trial.
Learn more about your legal options: Call a Richmond sexual assault injury lawyer at CSFGB today at (888) 337-0477 and schedule your free case consultation.