The Catastrophic Injury Team is comprised of Irv Cantor, Stephanie Grana, Elliott Buckner and M. Scott Bucci, as well as a veteran staff of paralegals, investigators, and a registered nurse. Together, our diverse experiences and expertise allow us to successfully resolve the most complex catastrophic injury cases.
We have structured our team to provide our clients with a full staff of seasoned professionals who have experience and expertise in handling complex personal injury, medical malpractice, and wrongful death cases. This team structure enables us to utilize a “no stone left unturned” approach in every case. As a result, we get results. Our Richmond catastrophic injury attorneys have achieved dozens of verdicts and settlements exceeding $1,000,000 for our clients.
Our results have often set the bar for verdict and settlement sizes in Richmond and in courts throughout Virginia. Thanks to our results, we can truly say that our Virginia catastrophic injury attorneys are the leader in complex injury litigation—and are among the most effective litigators in the nation. Read below to learn more about our past successes.
Virginia Lawyers Weekly has reported that the Catastrophic Injury Team of Irvin V. Cantor, Stephanie E. Grana, and Elliott M. Buckner had 4 of the largest verdicts and settlements in Virginia for 2014.
Virginia Lawyers Weekly has reported that the Catastrophic Injury Team of Irvin V. Cantor, Stephanie E. Grana, and Elliott M. Buckner had 6 of the largest verdicts and settlements in Virginia for 2013.
Our Catastrophic Injury Attorneys
Attorney Irvin Cantor
Irvin V. Cantor has dedicated his career to families of those who have suffered serious injuries or death since 1979. He has personally resolved more than 1,750 injury or wrongful death claims, including more than 400 traumatic brain injury cases alone. He has also been responsible for more than 50 verdicts and settlements larger than $1 million. In fact, he is so effective at trying cases and securing record-setting verdicts, his closing arguments have been recorded in order to provide insight into how million-dollar verdicts are recovered.
His awards include:
- Inclusion in Super Lawyers® for 10 years running, from 2006-2016
- Inclusion in Super Lawyers® Top 10 in Virginia in 2015, 2014, 2013, and 2012
- Best Lawyers in America® “Lawyer of the Year” for Richmond Personal Injury Litigation
Attorney Stephanie Grana
Stephanie E. Grana has focused her practice on medical malpractice and complex personal injury cases for more than 22 years, successfully resolving dozens of highly complicated injury claims. Her case results include more than 30 verdicts and settlements larger than $1 million. She has handled many high-profile cases, protecting her clients’ futures and securities. Her integrity and professionalism, as well as her ability to secure large awards, resulted in her receiving an AV® Rating from Martindale-Hubbell—the highest rating from the legal grading service.
Her other awards and honors include:
- Included in Virginia Lawyers Weekly’s “Influential Women of the Year” in 2010
- Selected to Super Lawyers® 6 years running (2010-2016)
- Selected to Super Lawyers® Rising Stars™ 2009, 2008, and 2007
- Selected to “Top 50 Women Virginia Super Lawyers” in 2015
- Selected to “Top 25 Richmond Area Super Lawyers” in 2012
Attorney Elliott Buckner
Elliott M. Buckner is one of the nation’s most effective catastrophic injury lawyers. His record, which has more than 15 verdicts and settlements larger than $1 million, testifies to his skill and relentless dedication to his clients. He has represented victims of traumatic brain injury, spinal cord injury, defective products, wrongful death, tractor-trailer and truck accidents, and auto accidents. Due to his genuine desire to do good for his clients, he has achieved incredible recoveries on their behalf—each of which secured their future security and medical care.
His awards and honors include:
- Inclusion in Best Lawyers in America® for Personal Injury Litigation
- Named to “Virginia’s Legal Elite” by Virginia Business Magazine
- Inclusion in Super Lawyers® Top 100 Virginia Lawyers in 2016, 2015, 2014, and 2012
- Inclusion in Super Lawyers® Top 50 Richmond Lawyers in 2016, 2015, 2014, and 2012
- Selected to Super Lawyers® Rising Stars™ from 2008-2011
Attorney Scott Bucci
M. Scott Bucci is a Richmond catastrophic injury lawyer that has successfully handled a broad variety of personal injury and wrongful death cases. His 18-year case history has included tractor-trailer accidents, car accidents, premises liability, and construction disputes. His experience and results in premises liability cases have made him a sought-after resource for many attorneys, who often request his expertise as co-counsel in complex retailer liability cases.
His awards and recognition include:
- AV® Preeminent rating from Martindale-Hubbell
- Inclusion in Best Lawyers in America® for Personal Injury Litigation
- Inclusion in Super Lawyers® in 2016, 2015, 2014, and 2013
- Inclusion in Super Lawyers® Rising Stars™ in 2012, 2011, 2010, and 2009
- Selection to Virginia Business Magazine’s “Legal Elite” in Civil Litigation & Family Law
- Selection to The National Trial Lawyers’ Top 100 Trial Lawyers in Virginia
Associate Jeffrey N. Stedman
Jeff Stedman joined Cantor Stoneburner Ford Grana Buckner in June 2013, and became a full-time associate with the firm in June of 2014. His practice focuses primarily on professional malpractice, personal injury actions, and commercial disputes.
His honors include:
- Senior Articles Editor, William & Mary Environmental Law and Policy Review
- Second Prize, Kaufman & Canoles Writing Competition
- Internship with the Honorable Dennis W. Dohnal, United District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia
Attorney Joseph L. Cantor
Joseph Cantor joined the law firm in 2017 as a full-time associate, immediately following his graduation from the University of Richmond School of Law, where he graduated cum laude. He joined our team immediately after his admission to the Virginia State Bar in November. Although Joseph is a recent Bar admittee, he has a significant amount of experience as a trusted Richmond Personal Injury attorney.
His memberships include:
- Virginia Trial Lawyers Association
- American Association for Justice
- Virginia Bar Association
- Brain Injury ASssocation of Virginia Volunteer
Our Team is Available for Co-Counsel
Seeking co-counsel can be beneficial for firms that may be too busy or out of their comfort zone. Our years of experience and expertise can help strengthen your case and achieve results. Read more here.
Our Catastrophic Injury Staff
Our staff includes a veteran team of professionals, some of whom have been with us for many years. Lori Tracoma, the senior paralegal, has been an invaluable member of our team since 1981 and was named the National Paralegal of the Year in 2008 by the American Association of Justice. Greg Boyajian, our investigator, has also been an invaluable member of our team since 1996.
- Lori Tracoma — Paralegal
- Greg Boyajian — Investigator & Legal Assistant
- Debbie Harris, R.N. — Legal Nurse Consultant