Mark D. Dix
Leading Personal Injury Lawyer in Virginia
Mark Dix concentrates his practice in the areas of personal injury, civil rights, employment, and commercial litigation. He has tried dozens of jury trials throughout Virginia and the District of Columbia, and has particular experience in cases of traumatic brain injury.
Mark is often consulted or retained by other law firms to assist in personal injury and civil rights matters, and is a frequent lecturer on various areas of the law. He has also appeared as a legal analyst on television. He is a lifetime member of both the Million Dollar Advocates Forum and the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum for securing multi-million dollar verdicts and settlements in numerous cases.
Prior to joining Cantor Stoneburner Ford Grana & Buckner, Mark co-founded Bucci & Dix, PLLC. Before that, he was a partner and head of the employment litigation group at a downtown Richmond civil litigation boutique, and served for two years as an Assistant Attorney General for the District of Columbia as one of the District’s first Honors Program litigators. In that capacity, he defended the city and various governmental officials, including the Mayor and Chief of Police, in civil rights, habeas corpus, tort, and employment matters.
Mark’s previous experience defending the District of Columbia and Fortune 500 companies in personal injury, wrongful death, civil rights, and insurance coverage disputes gives him a unique legal insight into the plaintiff personal injury cases he handles. He understands first-hand the strategies that civil defense litigation employs, and develops his cases to maximize his client’s results.
Mark obtained his Bachelors in Business Administration from the College of William & Mary, and graduated cum laude from the George Mason University School of Law, where he served as Managing Editor of the George Mason Law Review. While in law school, he was a summer associate and third-year law clerk at the Washington, D.C. boutique firm of Stein, Mitchell, & Mezines. Upon graduation, he served as a law clerk to the Hon. John H. Bayly, Jr. of the Superior Court for the District of Columbia.
Mark is a native of Vienna, Virginia. In his spare time, Mark serves as a volunteer firefighter and emergency medical technician for Chesterfield County. In addition, he enjoys reading, following current events, and watching sports—especially Green Bay Packers football.
Contact Mark: firstname.lastname@example.org
- J.D., George Mason University (1998), cum laude, George Mason Law Review, Managing Editor
- B.B.A., College of William & Mary — Raymond A. Mason School of Business (1995)
- Virginia, 1998
- District of Columbia, 2000
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- U.S. District Courts (several)
- Bucci & Dix, P.L.L.C., Managing Director (2007 – 2015)
- Morris & Morris, P.C., Partner (2001 – 2007)
- Office of the D.C. Attorney General (1999 – 2001)
- Superior Court for the District of Columbia (1998 – 1999)
- AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated, Martindale-Hubbell’s highest rating for legal ability and ethical standards
- Virginia Trial Lawyers Association, Board of Governors
- Virginia Trial Lawyers Association, Employment & Civil Rights Law Section - Chair (2013-2015)
- The Counsellors, Washington, D.C., President
- John Marshall American Inn of Court, Richmond, VA
Virginia Super Lawyers® 2013-2016
- Top 50 in Richmond, 2016
- Top 100 in Virginia, 2016
- Virginia Super Lawyers®, Personal Injury Plaintiff: General, 2013-2016
- Virginia SuperLawyers®, Rising Star, 2010-2012
- National Trial Lawyers, Top 100 Trial Lawyers, 2012-2015
- National Trial Lawyers, Top 40 Under 40, 2013
- Virginia Legal Elite, Labor & Employment, Virginia Business, 2012
- Virginia Legal Elite, Young Lawyers, Virginia Business, 2009
- Personal Injury Law from Start to Finish, Sterling Education, Richmond VA (October 2015)
- Local Government Law: What Attorneys Need to Know, National Business Institute, Richmond VA (August 2014)
- Personal Injury 101, National Business Institute, Richmond, VA (October 2013)
- Managing Leave Issues Under the FMLA, ADA, and Workers Compensation Laws, American Law Firm Association, New Orleans LA (October 2004)
- Initial Disclosures Under Federal Rule of Civil Procedure 26: A Primer For The Rocket Docket Attorney, Virginia State Bar - Litigation News, Spring 2002
- Volunteer, Brain Injury Association of America
- Volunteer, Brain Injury Association of Virginia
- Epiphany Lutheran Nursery School, Board of Directors
Irvin V. Cantor
Stephanie E. Grana
Elliott M. Buckner
M. Scott Bucci
Lewis T. Stoneburner
H. Aubrey Ford III
Jeffrey N. Stedman