M. Scott Bucci
Trial-Seasoned Richmond Personal Injury Lawyer
Scott Bucci focuses his practice on catastrophic personal injury and wrongful death. He has tried a wide variety of cases, including automobile accident, premises liability, products liability and construction dispute cases. Other lawyers frequently bring Scott in as co-counsel on significant, complex cases, particularly in the area of premises/retailer liability, an area of the law Scott has developed a particular expertise in.
Scott has received an ‘AV® Preeminent’ rating from the Martindale-Hubbell Legal Directory. He has also been recognized in Best Lawyers in America - Personal Injury Litigation - Plaintiffs, as well as in SuperLawyers Magazine in the category of Plaintiff’s Personal Injury, and as a ‘Legal Elite’ in Virginia Business Magazine in the category of Civil Litigation and as a top 100 trial lawyer in Virginia by The National Trial Lawyers.
Scott has tried over 125 civil cases to verdict in over 25 jurisdictions throughout Virginia. He frequently represents clients in federal courts in the Eastern and Western Districts of Virginia. His familiarity and comfort with the unique rules of the Eastern District of Virginia, known as the “Rocket Docket,” gives his clients a distinct advantage in that forum.
Prior to joining Cantor Stoneburner Ford Grana & Buckner, Scott founded Bucci & Dix, PLLC. Prior to that Scott was a partner at a boutique civil litigation firm located in downtown Richmond. He has represented a variety of corporations and insurance companies in lawsuits throughout Virginia. In particular, Scott was trial counsel for Wal-Mart for over 7 years in state and federal courts, and in the Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals.
Scott graduated with High Honors from the George Mason University School of Law in 1998. He worked as a law clerk for the Virginia Beach Circuit Court after graduation from law school. He completed his undergraduate studies at the University of Virginia, and was awarded the Malcolm H. Kerr scholarship to study the Middle East in Cairo, Egypt.
Scott has lived in the Richmond area since 1999. He resides in Midlothian with his wife, Melissa, and their two twin sons, Hays and Leo, and their bulldog, Bogart.
Contact Scott: email@example.com
- J.D., George Mason University (1998), with high honors
- B.A., University of Virginia (1995)
- Virginia, 1998
- Virginia Supreme Court (and all state courts)
- U.S. 4th Circuit Court of Appeals
- U.S. District Courts for the Eastern and Western Districts of Virginia
- Bucci & Dix, PLLC, Executive Director (2007 – 2015)
- Morris & Morris, P.C., Partner (1999 – 2007)
- Virginia Beach Circuit Court, Law Clerk, (1998 – 1999)
- Thompson & Waldron, P.C., Law Clerk, (1997 – 1998)
- AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated, Martindale-Hubbell’s highest rating for legal ability and ethical standards
- Best Lawyers in America - Personal Injury Litigation Plaintiffs, 2015, 2016
- Virginia Super Lawyers, Top 50 in Richmond, Top 100 in Virignia, 2016
- Virginia Super Lawyers, selected by Law & Politics, since 2009
- Lewis Powell Inn of Court
- Journal of International Legal Studies, Editorial Board, “The Terrorism Exception to the FSIA.” Spring 1997.
Irvin V. Cantor
Stephanie E. Grana
Elliott M. Buckner
Lewis T. Stoneburner
H. Aubrey Ford III
Mark D. Dix
Jeffrey N. Stedman